Picking the right shed can be difficult. You need to look at many factors before making your final decision. We understand. That’s why it’s important to us to point out the unique features of each different style.
Cook Portable Warehouses offers versatile shed styles to better serve your wants and needs. Whether you need something small for your backyard or something bigger for the farm, Cook has the shed for you. Our Rent to Own program is offered on all of our shed styles and allows you to buy the shed you need at an affordable price. With our trade-up option you can even try out a shed. If you feel you need a larger style shed, then you can have a new shed delivered without losing your investment.
The Handyman Shed is one of our largest sheds, and can be converted into just about anything. From a home office, to a work area, to a studio, the Handyman Shed from Cook is a place to get things done.
All Handyman Sheds are 12-feet wide, but offer three different lengths. The Handyman Shed size options include:
- 12′ x 24′
- 12′ x 28′
- 12′ x 32′
The Handyman’s size and shape make it perfect for multipurpose spaces. You can even explore converting it into a home office, studio, theater or workshop!
Two Entrances and A Partition Wall
The Handyman Shed has two entrances and a partition wall, giving you two rooms. The small room measures 8 x 12 and the large room varies based on the size of your shed.
By having two rooms you can do even more with your Handyman shed. Think of the possibilities! With a Cook Handyman it’s almost like getting two sheds in one. One room can be for work and the other can be for recreation or extra storage.
The Handyman portable building comes with two built-in workbenches that sit under the two windows. There’s a reason this is called “The Handyman.” It’s the perfect setup for any kind of handyman work. Whether you’re a crafter, a knitter, as artist, or a potter, you’re using your hands to create and, therefore, are a handyman. The two workbenches come ready for whatever work you need to accomplish.
The Handyman can be customized to fit your needs with four different custom options, plus you have control over the color! Take a look at 6 color combinations we’re loving in our customers’ backyards. Available custom options for the Handyman include:
- Add a heavy duty floor: A heavy duty floor can be added to your shed. It is a ¾” floor decking and the floor joists 12” at the center. The weight limit on this flooring is 65 lbs per square foot.
- Varied window options: The available window sizes include 24” x 36” standard window and an octagon window. (some window options are not available in all states. Speak to your Cook dealer about these options.)
- A steel door: A steel that measures 36″ x 80″ can be added to the gable ends of the building.
- Option to raise the loft floor: If you only need the loft space to store small items, you can reduce the space to provide you more head room. The loft floor can be raised 6″ for an additional charge.
And as always, you have control over the siding and trim color as well as the roof style.
Important dimensions and specifications:
- Peak of the building is approximately 11’6”
- Interior sidewall height is 6’3”
- Two 24” x 36” windows with shutters
- 34” double doors with a 67” opening
- Single 36” door with a 35” opening
- Only available as a 12’ wide building measured eave to eave
How are others using their Handyman Shed?
With so much space, the Handyman Shed is being used in a variety of ways. One of our favorite transformations is from Calming Creek Woodworks. They took a Handyman shed and built a complete woodworking outfit. You can see how they transformed this shed here.
The Handyman is unique in the fact that it offers you two rooms that are truly your blank canvas! Not many sheds can do that. Are you ready to build your handyman shed today? Let’s get started!