2014 marks the 30th Anniversary of Cook Portable Warehouses, and our corporate mission has never been more important. Over the past 30 years, we have learned many things and developed a set of core values that define who we are and guide our business.
As we move forward with a great deal of optimism and little uncertainty, it is important that we remain true to those values and incorporate them into our vision for the future.
To continue to thrive as a business over the next 10 years and beyond, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape our business in the future, and move swiftly to prepare for what’s to come.
We must set a goal, keep that goal clearly in focus, and strive to reach it every day. That’s what Destination 2024 is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a plan for reaching our goals together as a company.
Everything begins with our corporate mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh every action and decision. Our mission is as follows:
- Build the highest quality portable building available.
- Give everyone the opportunity to have affordable “room for their stuff.”
- Create value and make a difference.
Goals are never reached without a vision. Our vision guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- People – Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be. Always treat our customers, employees, and dealers with respect and gratitude.
- Product – Continue to offer the world a variety of portable buildings, constructed to uncompromising Cook standards, that satisfy our customer’s needs and desires.
- Profit – Strive to maximize profitability that will sustain long-term growth.
- Productivity – Endeavor to be a highly effective, lean, and fast moving organization that embraces change when necessary.
Our values set the tone for our corporate culture. They define the attitudes and behaviors necessary to be successful in the future and make Destination 2024 a reality.
- Integrity – Be real. Be true to your word.
- Accountability – If it is to be, it’s up to me.
- Leadership – Have the courage to do what is right.
- Passion – Be committed in heart and mind. Give it your all everyday.
- Quality – Do what we do. Do it better than everyone else.